WHAT YOU NEED
1. Carry your tuba with two hands carefully. Don't grab the small slides, hold onto the large parts.
2. Keep mouthpiece in its pouch when not using.
3. Oil your valves before you play. (See 3:03 in video)
4. Keep your slides greased. (See 5:30)
5. Clean mouthpiece with a mouthpiece brush and warm, soapy water.
6. If your mouthpiece gets stuck, tell Mrs. AK--don't try to get it out yourself.
The tubas we use have piston valves which are like trumpet valves, but some tubas have rotary valves which function the same as a french horn.